Saturday, 20 April 2013

The ones to be grateful for

At the end of January I celebrated my birthday. Many friends made the occasion very special (family celebration in another post) for me and I am very grateful for each one of them. The first birthday gift and card I received this year were both from Linda! It is hard to keep in touch with friends, especially those who don't live in the same city as you, so thank you to Linda who remembered my day :)

Card from Linda via snail mail
The day before my birthday, I went to dinner with a group of friends. We talked about past birthdays and laughed about how confusing it is to remember which birthday was which because we've celebrated together for the last 6 years. It is to the point where my mom knows each of their birthday months!


I will be forever thankful for these friends who I've grown up with. Missing those who are in other parts of the country!


Thank you for the presents!
My actual birthday was in the middle of the week. I didn't even think much of it and thought it was going to be a normal school day. Expecting a quiet day made the pleasant surprises I received that day that much more touching :')

The first surprise of the day was from my friend, Jessica. We have a lot to chat about but we honestly did not get to know each other well until about half a year ago. She went out of her way to get me baked treats from one of my favourite places and brought it all the way back to campus before our class together! Thanks Jess!! You have no idea how much I appreciated your kind gesture.

Left to Right: Jessica, Thierry macaron & tiramisu, the EB team, PacMan Moleskine
Then at the end of the school day I had a meeting. At the end of the meeting, the team presented me with a cake and present! I've only started working with them as a team from November 2012 but we see each other so often, I feel like I've known them for much longer. Thank you for the surprise!

Strawberry mousse cake from the EB!

Executive Board 2013
So that sums up the day I turned a year older. I am so appreciative for everything I received. Most important of all were not the gifts I got but the thought behind them and the fact that my friends took time out of their day to make me feel special. Thank you.

Share this post
  • Share to Facebook
  • Share to Twitter
  • Share to Google+
  • Share to Stumble Upon
  • Share to Evernote
  • Share to Blogger
  • Share to Email
  • Share to Yahoo Messenger
  • More...

0 comments:

Post a Comment