Sunday, 29 July 2012

Explore Day 29: Old Port Market, Place Royale & Pho

Next week I have all my final exams coming up for the three Explore courses. The one for Expression and Comprehension class is a group project to perform a 5 minute skit for the class to guess who our mystery person is. Rachael, Grace and I worked on it from 10:30am-12:10pm and we were only halfway done but we were out of ideas so we called it a day.

Afterward, I met up with Linda to visit the Old Port Market. It is by the St. Lawrence River and reminded me of the Public Market on Granville Island. At this market there were many local food vendors selling fresh vegetables, maple syrup, fruit butter, pastries, sausages, cheese, and wine.




We met up with Ivan then stopped at So-Cho for lunch as it was quite crowded. The sausages were made fresh and had many types different from the conventional ones.


I ordered a Spare Ribs BBQ sausage hot dog and it was a nice, filling portion. The meat was a little bit sweet and not too salty. I think I put a little too much condiments on my hot dog to really taste the sausage though.


To finish off I got a Rasberry pastry which was made with fresh rasberries. The pastry was not the best I've had but the fruit jam inside was definitely red and juicy.


After thoroughly walking around the market, we walked to the Place Royale area because we came here at night last time and didn't get to take nice pictures of the fresco wall painting. This time there was a band playing live music there so the audience blocked the way to take an up close photo.





Old Quebec was filled with tourists today! It was more busy than the last few Sundays I've been here. Maybe this is their prime tourist season. We took steep stairs back up to Rue St. Jean and took a much needed rest at Couche-Tard to enjoy slurpees.


In the evening Tam joined us for dinner and we went to an Asian fast food place on the edge of campus. There was a mix of Vietnamese and Chinese food sold. I had a bowl of chicken pho noodles which wasn't bad but definitely not authentic pho.

Share this post
  • Share to Facebook
  • Share to Twitter
  • Share to Google+
  • Share to Stumble Upon
  • Share to Evernote
  • Share to Blogger
  • Share to Email
  • Share to Yahoo Messenger
  • More...

1 comments:

  1. QUANTUM BINARY SIGNALS

    Get professional trading signals sent to your cell phone daily.

    Start following our signals NOW and gain up to 270% a day.

    ReplyDelete