Friday, 13 July 2012

Explore Day 13: Sarah McLachlan Concert

The annual Quebec City Festival D'été (Summer Festival) is taking place July 5-15 this year. I bought a July 13 day pass for the Bell Scene stage on the Plains of Abraham. Shri, Farah and I went earlier to Vieux Quebec before the evening concert to walk around.

The evening sunlight was beautiful and the weather was hot. We took pictures around the parliament building which was under renovation so half of it was covered in plastic sheets.

Fountain in front of parliament building
There were many police around and even army men which I have not seen other than on Canada Day events so I took a picture. He was standing on the walls of Vieux Quebec and actually seemed like he was posing even though he didn't know I was taking a photo! 


Sarah McLachlan is the main concert tonight and she started singing at 9:30pm sharp. I was surprised at how on time the show was because concerts usually start late.

Bell Stage
I knew that the festival is very popular but I did not expect THIS many people! It was probably at least a football field long and much wider. People mountain, people sea for sure. The picture below only captured one section of the field, all the specs are people standing or sitting on the hills.


Many people who came early were prepared with their chairs and blankets. Some concerts allow chairs while others don't. I wonder how long they had to sit in order to reserve their spots.

We watched from the standing area in front of the stage and had a decent view for only arriving 30 minutes before the concert. I'm not very familiar with Sarah McLachlan's songs but I enjoyed the concert and her music. She has a very good voice and I like the melody of her songs.


She said "merci beaucoup" after every song she sang which quickly became very predictable. All her songs were in English but all the French speakers in the audience still seemed to enjoy it.


This was a true summer concert with the full flared sun, good music and good company :)


Share this post
  • Share to Facebook
  • Share to Twitter
  • Share to Google+
  • Share to Stumble Upon
  • Share to Evernote
  • Share to Blogger
  • Share to Email
  • Share to Yahoo Messenger
  • More...

1 comments: